Friday 1 October 2010

Fashion/Textiles

I have learnt more in the last two weeks than I have in a long time. I really enjoyed working in 3D though it was more challenging than I thought in that your work should have a strong concept driving it forward.
Under the umberella of Compression and Expansion I chose to explore peeling and curling round things. The samples I made using paper turned out closer to what I had imagined because the leather was harder to manipulate. I then looked at how the scale of the samples could be played with: either enlarged to become sculptural fashion pieces or scaled down and multiplied to create a fabric design.
I don't think I have it in me to become a designer but nevertheless I'm glad I had the opportunity to try it out and was able to find out what area of art and design I am best suited for.
The link to Philip Treacy's incredible hat was one of my inspirations


No comments:

Post a Comment